With the holidays fast approaching, this is the perfect time for your business to get the jump on popping up on the Instagram Explore Page! Reels are a great way to reach new audiences. You can read more about Reels in our blog post, Why are Reels performing better? If you are ready to show your business and the amazing products you have to offer this holiday season with the power of Reels, then read along!
Reel Ideas and Inspiration
Now that we have hyped up the creation of Reels, here are some fun ideas and inspiration!
- Time lapse of tree decoration or gift wrapping: a quick video of decorating can be an aesthetic way to get people excited about the holidays. It’s also a great way to show off logos, or advertise your products when wrapping them up.
- Website navigation screen recording: Screen record yourself going to your own website as a Reel. You can navigate towards the gifts section to show off great holiday gifting ideas to watchers while also showing off your brand.
- Have the office dress up! Ugly sweaters, a grinch theme, or anything else is a fun and interactive and fun way to show your company’s personality. It is also an opportunity for you to urge other businesses or personal accounts to tag your business in their own costumes. Remember, engagement is key!
- A video of someone walking out of your store carrying shopping bags: paired with a funny, and often relatable shopaholic audio, and you’ve got a great short and sweet Reel on your hands!
- Gift guide: Making a guide of products you sell and who they can be catered to is a great way to make some sales! Whether it’s a slide of pictures, or some of the products being showcased, holiday gift guides are always a great go-to!
Trending Audios for Instagram Reels
- Any well-known Christmas song.
- Intro songs to classic movies – Elf movie for example has an instrumental main theme song that can be nostalgic for viewers and can be paired with any type of video.
- Voice overs from holiday movies. The Grinch has a lot of funny and easily identifiable audios that can be used for a wide range of video ideas. A favorite we see a lot is the ‘The, the, the, the, Grinch audio‘.
Other great things to keep in mind
- Collaboration! Doing a giveaway or collaboration with another company or brand is a fantastic way to reach new audiences and build relationships.
- Keep it fun
- Use audios that fit the theme. Christmas songs for Christmas or maybe a Charlie Brown audio for Thanksgiving
- Interaction and engagement is key!
About Megan Valco
Megan Valco is an Account Assistant at Haute In Texas. Currently attending UTSA, she is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Digital Communications. Her hobbies include enjoying day trips to Fredericksburg and the beach, painting and finding new thrift stores to shop. After graduating, her aspirations have no limit as she plans to continue working in the PR and Marketing world, as well as, traveling and living across the U.S. and abroad.